Monday, August 31, 2009

No Bake Cookies

I know this sounds soo lame but I am 30 years old and had NEVER made No Bake Cookies! How wrong is that!? Well today I had a major craving for chocolate and had none readily accessible so I made my own! Here's the recipe I used.


No Bake Cookies

* 2 cups white sugar
* 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1/2 cup milk
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 pinch salt
* 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
* 3 1/2 cups quick cooking oats

In a saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar, cocoa, milk and margarine. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Boil for 1 minute, then remove from heat and stir in the vanilla, salt, peanut butter and oats. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto waxed paper. Allow cookies to cool for at least 1 hour. Store in an airtight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}