Monday, September 1, 2014

Scrap It Girl {Capture Life's Moments}

Happy Labor Day! Do you have some fun plans for today!? Well, if your fun plans include staying home to get your Craft on! I've got a fun challenge for you! Scrap It Girl's monthly challenge is up and running! The challenge for this month is Stencils or Masks. On my layout I used a cute little butterfly stencil I had from Paper Bakery Kits. 
I stenciled the butterflies directly onto my picture and the corner piece of blue paper using  Shimmerz Paints Texturz- Tidy Widy. I love the texture and bit of sparkle it has. 
Then to really draw attention to the beautiful butterfly in my picture I used a square punch and punched it out and created a frame to go around it and used 3D-Dots to really make it stand out.
I inked around the edges of my page with Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Pumice Stone and for the embellies I looked through a small box of buttons that I acquired from my husbands grandmother when she passed away. I love them! I also tied down a Tim Holtz word band with some linen thread.
My scrapbook layouts are usually of my daughters and our family but once in a great while it's fun to do a layout about what's around you. Thanks so much for stopping by and make sure to head over to Scrap It Girl's blog for the full details on the challenge and to see if YOU were the winner of last months challenge! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}