Saturday, November 1, 2014

Scrap It Girl {Mixed Media Thank You card & new challenge}

Happy November 1st! It's time for a Scrap It Girl monthly challenge! This one is fun one! For this challenge we challenge you to use mixed media such a paints, water colors or gelatos. Here's a card I made using gelatos & gessso.

I started out out with a 4.25" x 5.5" card base and smeared some gesso around on the card. I ran an orange gelato over SU! French Script and stamped it into the gesso. I love the effect, the script stands out a bit more because of the orange. After the gesso dried I spritzed it with some Heidi Swapp Gold Color Shine. For the leaf I applied two different colors directly on the stamp I used a dark red watercolor crayon on half of it and then a overlapped just a bit of a gold gelato. Then I used a brush dipped in some water to go over the crayon and gelato and tried to mix the colors a bit. Next I stamped it on some cream cardstock. I used the same SU! French Script stamp that I stamped on the gesso to stamp over the leaf. I really love how beautiful it came out.  The picture really doesn't do it justice. The gold on the leaf from the gelato and the gold from color shine really make this card sparkle.
Being honest, I was really nervous doing this challenge because, while I do own these different mediums I just haven't made the time to play with them much. So I really enjoy the extra challenge to get me using them more. :)

Now make sure to head over to Scrap It Girl and join us for the challenge! Remember you are welcome to link up to two projects and they must contain paints, water colors or gelatos. We LOVE to see everyone's fun projects. Make sure to challenge yourself to try new things! :) 
Thanks for stopping by! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}