Friday, January 16, 2015

Moxxie {Little Star card}

Hello! Did any of you go to CHA this year!? I would love to attend sometime! Maybe I should add that to my ever growing bucket list! :) Well, if you did get the chance to attend and you stopped by the Moxxie booth you might have seen my cute and fun little card I want to share with you today! Yup, my card made it to CHA! So exciting! 
For this cute little card I used Moxxie’s new line, Tiny Dancer. I absolutely love the colors! I used a gray piece of cardstock for my base card (4 ¼” x 5 ½” after folding). I then cut, distressed and layered some of the papers in the Tiny Dancer line. I added some twine and few Imaginisce jewels. Now for the fun part, the inside! On the inside you can “wind up” the little ballerina, close the card and when the recipient opens it she will twirl for them! :)
I started out with a strip of cardstock 5 ½” wide by 5 ¼” tall. I scored the strip ½” in from each side and also in the middle 
at 2 ¾”.
Then I cut out the middle leaving 1/2" on the top and bottom and 1" on each side like in the picture below.
Now, since the little dancer in the middle spins, I needed two identical pieces. I fussy cut the dancer twice out of the Cutout sheet, then I placed some Sticky Strip right down the middle of the back of one. Next, I centered a long piece of dental floss on the Sticky Strip. I then stuck the two little dancers together with the Sticky Strip plus some additional adhesive around the edges.
Next you are going to take some small pieces of Sticky Strip and place right next to the middle score line on the top and bottom like the picture below.
You then center the dancer vertically in the frame, pull the dental floss ends tight across the short bits of Sticky Strip, and close the piece of cardstock together, sandwiching the floss in between. Next trim the floss flush with the top and bottom of the frame. I wish I had a picture to show you but I forgot to take any more pictures! :( I then applied more sticky strip down the "tab" sides of the frame, and glued them into the card. Here's a close up of the inside of the card.
Notice how the floss suspends the dancer in the frame. This allows her to be "wound" and then to spin once the card is opened. Once you are done you should be able to just "wind" her up and close the card to give your recipient a lovely surprise! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

Moxxie Products Used:

TD- 1505 Luv 2 Dance
TD- 1506 Tiny Dancer Cutouts

2 comments:

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}