Saturday, September 19, 2015

Recipe: Honey Sesame Chicken in the Crockpot

What's for dinner? That is always the question around here. As I was browsing through Pinterest for keywords such as- easy, dinner, chicken. I came across this Pin, a recipe for Honey Sesame Chicken. Scanned the ingredient list, saw that I had everything I needed (that's always a plus!) and thought I'd try it out. Let me tell you, it was a hit! And trust me when I say that is a big deal in this house! I have such picky eaters! A Pinterest Success in my book!

Honey Sesame Chicken
2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Garnish
1 green onion, thinly sliced
Sesame seeds

Combine onion, garlic, honey, soy sauce, ketchup, olive oil and red pepper flakes in a bowl. Season chicken thighs with salt & pepper and place in crock pot. Pour mixture over chicken. Cover.

I cooked mine on High for about an 1 1/2 hours. Pulled the chicken out, shredded it and added it back to the sauce in the crock pot to keep it warm. Serve over white rice and garnish with green onions and/or sesame seeds.

**For a nice printable version go to the blog where I found the recipe- Damn Delicious

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}