- Shredded Chicken*
- Tostada's (I prefer the brand Perico)
- Sour Cream
- Mexican Cheese, Cotija
- Cabbage/Lettuce (your preference)
- Fresh Salsa
1. place tostada on plate
2. cover tostada with shredded chicken
3. add sour cream (if you like it)
4. lettuce or cabbage
5. fresh salsa
6. sprinkle crumbled cheese over top
For the chicken I usually take some bone in chicken breasts or thighs and add them to a pot of water with a few seasonings; 2 to 3 whole cloves, a piece of garlic, a few slices of onion, salt & pepper. Let boil until chicken is cooked through. Then I'll remove the chicken from the pot and let cool. When the chicken is cool enough to handle I begin removing all the bones and shredding it by hand.
Dice up tomatoes, jalapenos and onions. Finely chop cilantro and mix all together.