Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Scrap It Girl {Selfie}

Good morning! and Happy March! He we are at the start of a new month, where does the time fly off to!? Well, with it being the beginning of the month it's time for Scrap It Girl's monthly challenge! This month we are focusing on SELFIES!! That's right, selfies! Now's the time to bust one of them out and print it! If you don't have one what a perfect excuse to take one! We always leave ourselves out of the scrapbooks, it's time to add a picture of you! Here's mine! 
I did this layout last year and submitted it to Scrap n' Art Magazine. It was chosen to be published so I didn't get much of an opportunity to share it until now. I love how perfect this layout came out. Taking selfie's is really not my thing but I need to remember that someday my daughters or even grandchildren might want to see who I was. ;)
I started out with some wooden doilies. The more I looked at them the more I decided they could pass for snowflakes and started inking them up. I added foam dots the backs and tied some twine to make them look like they were hanging.
Here's a closer look.
Then on this one I wanted it flush with the picture so I cut it in half using an exact-o knife.
Now it's your turn! You have until March 31st to link up your fun Selfie layout over at Scrap It Girl! You'll also want to go check out the awesome prize and what the rest of the design team has to share!
Thanks for stopping by! :)

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous layout - and gorgeous selfie! I didn't realize the snowflakes were doilies until you said so - great job!

    ReplyDelete

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}