Monday, July 21, 2014

Nuts About Sketches {hello}

Good Monday morning! Did everyone survive the weekend!? I hope so! I have such a cute layout made with an AWESOME sketch from Nuts About Sketches to share with you. I love her sketches they are always so fun and easy to use. The sketch I used was perfect for these pictures of my fun & crazy youngest daughter. She is such a ball of energy and there is never a dull moment with her! lol
Just a little side note here; For the longest time I tried so hard to force her to give me a "nice" smile and to "behave". Finally one day it dawned on me (total A-ha moment for me) I was forcing her to pose for these pictures and be someone she wasn't. Now I just let her do whatever she wants and we have so much fun! Also when I do want a nicer family picture or just want a nicer one of her she is more obliging. ;) 

For this layout I really wanted to capture the bright fun colors of the pictures and what better paper to use than Simple Stories Good Day Sunshine. Absolutely gorgeous, summery and playful! LOVE it! I used a sheet of black cardstock as my base to really make the colors "pop". Here's a few close up's of the elements on the page. 
This kit had some really fun embellishments you could add on and use! 
Isn't this little view finder (I think that's what they are called) cute!? 
For the title I used a transparency photo overlay. Who says they HAVE to only go over your pictures!? lol 
Love the stitching on this cardstock sticker strip, those hearts are pretty sweet too. :)

Now hopefully I haven't overloaded you with too many pictures! Thanks for stopping by and make sure you go over to Nuts About Sketches to see the sketch I used and the other design teams work. Tons of inspiration there! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}