Monday, June 11, 2007

Big Clippies

How did we ever survive without computers before!? I went all weekend without internet because our providers router "blew up"!! I was feeling very deprived especially since I had JUST started this blog and then I couldn't do anything with it!

Well I did do SOMETHING this weekend with some of my new Stampin' Up! stuff!! I've been seeing the cutest bookmarks made from jumbo paper clips and decided I would give it a try...do you want to see them? I thought they turned out pretty cute! So here they are!

I traced the flower out on to the designer paper, cut it out and then covered the fronts of the flower chipboard with the pallet o' prints paper and then used the 3 flower punch (it is in the new Preview Brochure...it is AWESOME!! If you haven't looked at it you will definitely have to ask your demo or contact me to get one) to punch out a small flower for the middle that I mounted with dimensionals. Then I sanded down the edges and stuck a pop up glue dot onto the back and and used the
3/4 " to punch out a circle from some coasters that I have and covered it with So Saffron cardstock to stick it to the back of the flower. I've seen a lot of these made using the matching flower for the back too but I didn't want to use them up so fast so that is why I opted to use just a little circle for the back. Some of my favorite ones that I've seen are done by Cambria she always makes the cutest things!!

Supplies:
SU! Pallet O' Prints Designer Paper, SU! Whisper White Cardstock, SU! So Saffron
Cardstock, SU! On Board Blossoms & Basics Chipboard, SU! Three for you Punch, SU! Large Slider Punch, SU! 1 1/4" Circle Punch, SU! 1/16" Punch, SU! 3/4" Circle Punch, 3.5" Paper clip, SU! Celery Grosgrain Ribbon, SU! Silver Cord, SU! Pop Up Glue Dots, SU! Dimensionals

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}