Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Ravioli

Last night for dinner I asked the girls if they had any ideas of what they would like. And surprisingly they asked me had any Ravioli. Now the reason this is surprising is because we have NEVER had Ravioli! But as it turns out I had bought some frozen pre-made Ravioli to try sometime! But I still needed to make a sauce for it.

So for dinner last night we had Ravioli stuffed with cheese and Ravioli stuffed with meat with a side salad. The sauce I made to go over it turned out really well.

Ravioli Sauce
2 lg. ripe tomatoes, peeled & chopped (you can use a can of stewed or diced tomatoes)
1/2 c. chopped fresh basil (you can use dried Basil just half the amount)
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tbsp. olive oil
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Now combine everything together and put over low heat to just warm up a little. Then pour sauce over pasta.

Ravioli was a big success in our house! My kids really surprise me at times. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}