Banana Bread5 Tbs. butter
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 large egg
2 egg whites
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups mashed, very ripe bananas
1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. backing soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom only of 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Beat butter in large bowl with an electric mixer set at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add granulated sugar and brown sugar; beat well. Add egg, egg whites & vanilla; beat until well blended. Add mashed banana, and beat on high speed 30 seconds.
3. Combine flour, baking soda, salt & baking powder in medium bowl. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream, ending with flour mixture. Add walnuts to batter; mix well.
4. Pour batter evenly into prepared loaf pan. Bake until browned and toothpick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
5. Cool bread in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove bread from pan; cool completely on wire rack. Slice and serve with butter and jam.
Thursday, December 3, 2009
I found this recipe years ago and it quickly became a favorite around our house. The bread comes out so soft and moist. Enjoy!
Well my time as a Guest Designer at 3 Scrappy Boys has come to an end. I had so much fun and really enjoyed using their kit! Here are all m...
I've used Sketches in Thyme sketch for this layout. Finding pictures to cut into circles is always a challenge for me! As I g...
Good morning! Today's layout was such a fun one to work with. I used a Sketches in Thyme sketch and a kit from The Scraproom . I took ...