Friday, May 30, 2014

Favorite Things Friday {Scissors}

TGIF! What fun weekend plans do all of you have? It's time for Favorite Things Friday over at Scrap It Girl! Today we are doing scissors. The hard part for me was deciding on ONE set! But I reach for these beauties 9 out of 10 times. They are nice and sharp and great for getting in doing some fussy cutting around smaller images. 
Here's a tag I created but doing some fussy cutting  on it with those snazzy scissors. ;)
I stamped this cute dragon fly from my Stampin' Up! stamp set Bugs & Kisses twice. I then cut both of them out, keeping one intact but cut the second one apart so I just had the wings. I added some stickles to the second set of wings and then attached them with some 3D-Dots. Here's a close up of the wings.
I punched out the bottom of the blue tag with a Martha Stewart punch and then layered it onto a slightly larger white tag I had created and just cut around the punched area along the bottom. Then I tied some ribbon to the top of the tag to finish it off. So pretty don't you think?

Make sure to head over to Scrap It Girl and see what the design team members like to use and while you're there share with us your favorite pair of scissors! Thanks for stopping by! Have a great weekend! :)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Amelia, I just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the lovely comment you left on my Scrap It Girl entries. It is so very kind of you and I really appreciate it - so thank you!
    I love this beautiful tag - the colours are wonderfully lush and I love the punched border. Hope you have a lovely weekend Karen x

    ReplyDelete

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}