Monday, May 19, 2014

Real Salt Lake with Nuts About Sketches

How was everyone's weekend? Hopefully it was a great one! We had some gorgeous weather in my neck of the woods! How was it your way?

Today's layout was done with a sketch from Nuts About Sketches. I love her sketches! They are easy to work with and I love that they encourage me to use other shapes on my pictures than the normal rectangular shape of pictures! 
I love these pictures! My oldest daughter's rec soccer team Coach (she was AWESOME) took the whole team at the end of their soccer season to watch Real Salt Lake in action! Talk about a cool way to end their soccer season! Even better was that my daughter had her best friend on the team and they were able to go together! My hubby & I had the chance to go with them and had a great time with the kids! :)
I wanted to do something fun with this layout and I had a Moxxie Soccer kit I've been itching to use! I used a sheet from the kit to be my background. Isn't that soccer ball print awesome!? I love it! I cut out the title on my Silhouette Cameo.
I also cut a circle out of the paper and then layered with a bit of vellum to do my journalling on and tucked in tickets from the game behind my journaling. 
Along the top I cut out strips of 1"x1 1/2" and then layered them by 1/2" and spritzed some Heidi Swapp Teal Color Shine on it. I also distressed the inner edges of the blue to just provide a bit of texture.
Loved creating this layout! See how cute those pictures look cut into circle!? Are you comfortable cutting your pictures into other shapes? 
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure to head over to Nuts About Sketches and check out the other layouts created with the sketch! 

1 comment:

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}