Monday, May 26, 2014

Rock Haus with Nuts About Sketches


Happy Monday! Ya, I know, trust me I don't say that very often but I'm really excited to share this layout with you today! So it is definitely a happy Monday! ;) I used Nuts About Sketches newest sketch. Another great one! I don't usually do two page layouts, but I really had fun with this one! Make sure to go over to their blog to check out. :)

 Here's my layout! My sister and her boyfriend took my 3 girls the a rock climbing facility for the first time. At first the girls were really hesitant and not too sure they really wanted to do it. But it didn't take them long to get talked into climbing the walls! They LOVED it!!! It was so fun to watch them learn so much and so quickly!

I used a kit I bought from Scraptastic Club- Mr. Big Stuff Add on. I love all the fun bright colors in this kit. I wanted some really fun accents for this page though and I couldn't find much in my stash. I also started looking around the Silhouette store for some ideas and came across that cute little rock climber and inked the cut out a little bit, perfect!
Now for my FAVORITE part! I made my own little rock climbing holds using liquid pears! They were so easy and pure genius if I do say so myself! ;) I printed out a picture of some holds then I placed a sheet of acetate over it.
In the first frame I'm outlining a shape with some liquid pearls. Then in the second frame I dropped in a white eyelet to look like the screw that the real ones have. In the third frame I'm just filling in a little bit more around the eyelet with some more liquid pearls. Then for the worst part of this whole process..... drying time! I left them out in a safe (so no kids would touch it) place until the next morning. They were dry and pulled off rather easily but peel off gently just in case. I then attached them to my layout with some mini glue dots.
Don't they look amazing!? I love how well they turned out. Then for the title I found some left over pieces of chipboard alphabets.
Well that's it for today! Make sure to head over to Nuts About Sketches so you can check out the sketch and the rest of design teams take on it! There's always some great inspiration there! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sketches in Thyme {Bright}